Christy: So this year I wanted to do something really special for gifts and as it is so hard to buy for people I wanted to show I put some thought and effort into something besides agonizing over what to get them, lol, so I decided to make body powder!
Dave: There is no Yuletide smell to be had in our house at the moment, it smells like someone spilled a few different bottles of perfume.
I would prefer the cookie smell from the other day, can we go back to that?
Christy: Yes, that’s scheduled for Thursday.
Dave: Yummmmm! [smacking chops]
Christy: So this is a quick post because I’ve got scads of things to finish tonight including finishing the kitchen organizing since my spidey sense went haywire as I was about to pass Winn Dixie and I know to listen when that happens. Woot! Scored pork roast for 99 cents a pound and frozen turkey for 74 cents a pound. That’s right y’all guess who’s going to be cooking and separating them this week for quick meals?
Dave: Uuuuummmmm Pulled Pork.
Christy: Yes, that too 🙂
So if you want to make some awesome cheap body powder in whatever favorite perfume scent that you want it is so simple you won’t believe you’ve never done it before.
Dave: I looked for some for you once but didn’t see any, I just thought it wasn’t popular or something.
Christy: The stuff is especially great for ladies to finish after a shower (especially during the hot sweaty months) and the scent lasts all day but isn’t overpowering…powder is kind of like the wax melts when I think about it. Our bodies are the warmer and the powder scent gently scents us.
Christy: Yeah, I see you’re real talkative tonight, lol.
Anyway, to make the powder you will need
- A box of cornstarch from the grocery store (under $2 in most places)
- OR a bottle of unscented talcum powder (at the dollar store)
- A container that will hold however much you make, I utilized an empty coffee can for the making process.
- Smaller containers to separate smaller it up if you’re giving it away. 1 box of cornstarch from the store make 3 of the smaller containers I’d gotten.
- 3-5 Cotton balls (the more you put in the stronger the smell)
- Your favorite perfume (you can use herbs if you want but you’ll need to put them in something so they don’t actually end up in the powder)
- Oh, and you’ll need something to use as a puff! I’m actually using some super soft bundled feathers.
- Pour your preferred powder into your container, squirt a few cotton balls til saturated with your perfume and toss them in the container too.
- Close container and shake a couple times per day for a couple days.
- Put into smaller container minus the scented cotton balls.